Located in Northwest Colorado, Cross Mountain Ranch is one of the largest and most diverse recreational and operating ranches on the market today.
Cross Mountain Ranch, one of the largest and most ecologically diverse recreational and operating ranches in the nation, spanning four counties in Northwestern Colorado near Steamboat Springs is on the market for the first time in nearly 3 decades. Listed for $100 million, the Ranch is one of the largest and most diverse ranches on the market in the United States and features 20 miles of river frontage.
The family homestead of development tycoon Ronald Boeddeker, Cross Mountain Ranch is the confluence of history, nature, recreation and agriculture.
In addition to a working cattle and sheep ranch, the property offers a range of recreation options including trophy hunting, fly fishing, snowmobiling, whitewater river rafting and kayaking.
“Cross Mountain Ranch is an incredible legacy ranch and investment,” says listing broker Ken Mirr of Mirr Ranch Group. “On their own, components such as water rights, hunting and recreation offerings and agricultural operations make for a strong investment opportunity, but linked together, as they are at Cross Mountain Ranch, it creates a property with invaluable potential. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase one of the most significant and diverse properties in the west.”
Cross Mountain Ranch consists of two distinct ecosystems stretching across four counties, abutting thousands of acres of national forest, BLM, state and park service land and rising more than 2,500 feet in elevation. The Upper Ranch, with alpine landscapes, rich game and rushing rivers includes the historic Pyramid Peak Guest Ranch, a former stagecoach stop at the base of the 13,000-foot Pyramid Peak. The Lower Ranch encompasses the genesis of western ranch settlements including the historic Victorian Sevens Ranch.
Other key features of this legacy ranch include:
- Numerous homes including a 9-bedroom and 9.1-bath, 11,000-square-foot main lodge
- A substantial agricultural operation rich in water resources and hay production with a carrying capacity of 2,000 cows and 10,000 sheep grazing on 224,000 acres of deeded and adjoining National Forest, BLM and state land
- World-class hunting with unlimited big game hunting, an abundance of fly fishing rivers and several stocked trout ponds
- Valuable and historic water rights that irrigate hundreds of acres of meadows and pastures that rest alongside the rivers
- Close proximately to Steamboat Springs and Yampa Valley Regional Airport
- A commitment to the conservation of America’s rich western heritage in the form of a 16,000-acre conservation easement
- Shared borders with hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands including the acclaimed Dinosaur National Monument, Flat Top Wilderness Area and the Routt National Forest
The perfect blend of agriculture, livestock, hunting, fishing and recreation, Cross Mountain Ranch is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of the historic Great American West.
Photos courtesy of Mirr Ranch Group.